GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (version 03.12.2019)
1. All invoices from Wim Bals must be paid within the period of 14 days, counting from the invoice date.
2. The paintings are purchased "As is" with all the characteristics of the artwork. The buyer must inform himself in advance what the state of the artwork is.
3. Every invoice that has remained unpaid on its due date automatically and without notice of default incurs interest at a rate of 15% per year, calculated from the due date.
4. In case of default, compensation is due, which is set at a flat rate of 15% of the invoice amount, with a minimum of € 100.
5. A painting is made in the traditional way and therefore there may be irregularities in the paint, varnish, panel or canvas. The customer knows this when purchasing a painting and under no circumstances can it be a point of discussion for any subsequent compensation. Also color deviations due to sun rays, among other things, are not a point of discussion and can not be recovered.
6. Sold paintings are never taken back except for the right of withdrawal. The buyer has the right to cancel the contract without giving any reason within 14 days after the day of delivery of the products. For this the buyer informs Wim Bals in time by e-mail; or in writing at the above address
7. Upon resale of the painting by the customer, he is bound to pay the resale right to Wim Bals.
4% of the part of the sales price up to and including EUR 50,000;
3% of the part of the sales price of 50,000.01 euros up to and including 200,000 euros;
1% van het deel van de verkoopprijs van 200.000,01 euro tot en met 350.000 euro;
0.5% of the share of the sale price from 350,000.01 euros to 500,000 euros;
0.25% of the part of the sales price above 500,000 euros.
8. The copyright of the paintings is always retained by Wim Bals. This means that the painting may not be reproduced without written permission from Wim Bals. The images may therefore not be reproduced, copied, changed or manipulated. The use of the image as a basis for another concept or another illustration (digital, or another application) is a violation of the international Copyright legislation.
9. Wim Bals has the right to refuse or accept an order or purchase under a condition, such as asking for a prepayment.
10. In the case of a delivery "at sight" or with a "delivery note" to the customer, the paintings remain the property of Wim Bals as long as the entire balance is not paid. The paintings must be returned to Wim Bals with a full refund, after having received them "on sight". In this case, special attention must be paid to ensuring that these are returned in perfect condition, ie without any damage to the painting and / or to the frame. In case of damage to the frame and / or the painting, the customer is always liable during the paintings to have received "on sight", including the transport back and forth to the customer. The costs in case of damage to the painting and / or the frame are always at the expense of the customer. When signing a voucher or delivery note, the customer agrees that the paintings have been received in perfect condition and free of damage.
11. With online purchase the buyer has the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days. The buyer must hereby inform Wim Bals by letter or e-mail and will receive the full amount back. The costs of the return shipment are borne by the buyer.
12. The removal of the frame by the customer, or a third party, is strongly discouraged because this makes the painting extremely vulnerable to damage. This means that every possible guarantee is no longer valid.
13. This agreement is governed by Belgian law. In case of dispute, only the Commercial Court of Sint-Niklaas will be competent.